Treats for Older Dogs
These are treats aimed at the more senior citizen pooches out there. They are generally the softer cookie variety so that they can be easily chewed and not exacerbate any tooth issues or issues that come with owning an older dog.
Soft Treats for Dogs with Teeth Issues
These treats are especially great if you have an older dog that has teeth issues and can’t handle super hard cookies. They are very gentle on your pups mouth and are soft enough for them to chew without difficulty. They’re also incredibly easy to whip up and you pooch is sure to enjoy them!
3 (2 1/2 oz. each) jars of baby food (beef, chicken, or your preferred flavor. Play around with it!)
1/4 cup Dry milk powder
1/4 cup Wheat germ or cream of wheat
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
2. Roll into small balls and place on well-greased cookie sheet.
3. Flatten slightly with a fork.
4. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes until brown.
5. Cool on wire rack.
6. Refrigerate to keep fresh or freeze until ready to use. Just remember to thaw them out a bit before using them if you decide to freeze them!