Versatile Blogger Award and More!
Thank goodness for the weekend. After yet another stressful and busy week of classes, homework, papers, and exams- I finally have had a chance to de-stress a bit.
When I woke up this morning and was thinking about what to talk about this week, I was surprised-pleasantly so- to find that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Now, I don’t exactly know what it is still, even after reading about it a bit, but I’m still all smiles!
It’s nice to have been nominated, especially since I’ve only been at this for…3 months? It’s almost like a little fist bump/ Maverick-esque high five and it makes me happy.
So, some of the details/ rule following that were sent to me…
Here are the rules to the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them when you create a post on the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 people you know who have blogs that you follow and enjoy.
- Contact those people who you have nominated.
- Put the Award Image on your blog page.
Well, that sounds simple enough…I think I can manage this! =) A little bit like a chain letter, but I’m still pleased by it.
First, a huge thank you and virtual hug to Sanna over at The Ralphie Chronicles! You are incredibly sweet and I’m so glad that you’ve enjoyed reading my little blog!
Secondly, I’m supposed to share seven things about myself. This should be interesting.
- I am a 21 year old Senior at Washington State University who is studying English Literature and Anthropology (I am so excited to be graduating in a month!)
- I love to cook and bake. I love trying out new recipes and feeding them to people.
- I love showing dogs. I can’t wait until I can settle down after college and actually start training and showing again. I miss all my dog show people and talking with them!
- I want to get my certification in animal training and would love to start my own training business one day.
- I want to become an editor- novels and the like, rather than magazine or newspaper. I don’t care if I do freelance work or for a company, I just know it’s what I want to do.
- My favorite people in the whole world are my family and friends. Without them by my side, I would have never gotten to where I am.
- I love old books. I’m not talking just the old, musty books that have that wonderful old book smell, I’m talking books that have been around for centuries. Books like the Decameron, Machiavelli’s works, Song of Roland, The Canterbury Tales, etc. There’s just something about them that I can’t explain, but I love.
- Bonus: Music is integral to my life. I play in the WSU Symphonic Band, am a 3 year veteran of the Cougar Marching Band, and am in the Pep Band. I play Tenor Sax, Bass Clarinet, and dabble on the guitar and piano. I love listening to music in almost any form (classical, rock, pop, country, pretty much anything but bluegrass and hard core hip hop). I’ve played an instrument since 5th grade and have never regretted it for an instant over all these years. =)
And there you have it! It’s a short list, one that I’ll read over later and realize what I could have actually put down that would have sounded better, but those are the first seven things that popped into my head.
Nominate 15 people? I can do that! I’m not quite sure if I just tell them that they’ve been nominated in their comment section or if I do that and then nominate them for reals somewhere else…Either way, I know the 15 I want to nominate!
Alright, that exciting business out of the way- a bit of blog news for you all!
You know that cool little tab that has been floating up there next to the “About the Author” tab? The one labeled “Recipes”? Click on it/ hover over it!
I’ve been busy =)
It’s going to be an ongoing project, but every week I’ll be adding a few more recipes to the categories. For right now, I’m only at three categories but over time, I expect that it’ll grow to at least three or more new sections. If you try any of the recipes out, let me know how they go! Feel free to send me ideas on what kind of recipes you’d like to see in the future, requirements (gluten free, veggie based, etc), and whatever else you can think of!
On that note, I’ll leave you to playing around with recipes/enjoying your Sunday afternoon! Don’t forget to do your FreeKibble questions for the day, and I will see you all here tomorrow! After I do my nominations…
This entry was posted on April 1, 2012 by The Love of a Dog. It was filed under The Mini Series- Oh, This Life of Mine... and was tagged with 7 things, Animal cookies, animals, awards, miscellaneous, nominations, Recipes, treats, VBA, Versatile Blogger Award.